For many year, we have been doing a list of places to visit each year. This year we chose to do 17 places in honor of 2017.
- Summer Fairs – it could be the state fair or a local community festival. This is a must to see local food and local crafts. If you do not have a fair near you, drive to the Yellow Springs Street Fair. This is a huge arts, crafts, food, and music. This fair happens twice a year.
- Holden Arboretum – This place has a Canopy Walk and a Tower open in the warmer months. This place has lots of hiking trails. This is a must.
- Loveland Castle – A real castle
- Diners – Great Breakfast or Super Lunch. Go to many and go to local ones.
- Bicycle Museum of America. Museums like this are great.
- Now for the other bikes. Motorcycle Hall of Fame
- East Harbor State Park
- Little Miami State Park. Parks are great year around.
- Buckeye Express Diner. Totally Ohio railroad car diner.
- This is a repeat, but a must, 2nd Street Market
- End of the Commons General General Store
- Some kind of music festival, so many to link.
- Wahkeena Nature Preserve. Another reason to get outdoors.
- The John & Annie Glenn Museum. Now more than ever this is a must go to. National Road & Zane Grey Museum is also part of this museum.
- Big Bottom Memorial Park. Named for the broad Muskingum River flood plain, this is the site of a 1791 attack on settlers by American Indians that marked the start of four year of warfare in Ohio
- Winterfest at Kings Island. It is back! Now go out and support so it will come back each year.
- Butler Institute of American Art. Yet, another art museum to visit. Ohio has great art museums.
Some great places to see in 2017.