Are you planning to go to Zinzinnati for Oktoberfest, but need something to do the next day? Have a day free and are wondering what to do? Here are some day trip ideas for Cincinnati.
Trip 1: A day at the park
A trip to Eden park is a great way to spend the day, see the sights and not spend a lot of money.
- Echo Restaurant: a great place to get a quick breakfast before a long day of sightseeing
- Krohn Conservatory: Located in Eden park it is a greenhouse that goes way beyond anything at the local flower shop.
- A picnic in Eden Park: While in one of Cincinnati loveliest sites stop for a quick bite. Sit on the lawn, by the lake, or at the river overlook.
- Cincinnati Art Museum: The next stop is also in Eden park. One of the best art museums in the state.
Trip 2: Signs in the Sky
An afternoon and evening trip to see the city in a different light.
- American Sign Museum: A museum dedicated to signs of all forms. With a working neon shop and more neon that one location needs. Last Tour starts a 2pm
- Arthur’s: One of the best burger joints in town. Grab a bite for dinner and then walk around Hyde Park.
- Cincinnati Observatory: A great place to visit any time. See the stars at night or just see the telescopes during the day.
Trip 3: History on Display
Important sites for two of America’s Presidents and a lesson on the struggle for freedom
- William Howard Taft National Historic Site: The home of one of Ohio 8 Presidents.
- The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center: A museum dedicated to freedom for all and the struggle of obtain it.
- William Henry Harrison Tomb and Memorial: The site official resting place of the first president to die in office. Also near-by is a marker for the Birthplace of his grandson President Benjamin Harrison.
Trip 4: Art – food for the soul. Food – art for the stomach
A walking tour of the heart of the city and all the art it has to offer. This walking tour can pass by Music Hall and many other great sites.
- Findlay Market: A historic market in Over The Rhine. A great place for breakfast or lunch.
- The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County Main Branch: Stop in for a book, or just to see the great art they have on display.
- Fountain Square: The heart of downtown. Stop and admire the fountain, see a concert, or grab a bite.
- Contemporary Art Center and 21c Museum Hotel: Two free art galleries just down the street.
- Some of the many, many, many murals the city has: Way more than one could probably see in one day.
Trip 5: A ballgame and some sites
- A walk along the riverfront to see the Riverboats
- National Steamboat Memorial: A hidden treasure with hidden secrets worth finding
- Great American Ballpark: The home of the Cincinnati Reds OR Paul Brown Stadium: Home of the Cincinnati Bengals
Whole Day Themselves:
- Cincinnati Zoo: One of the Best Zoos in the nation (maybe start with breakfast at Sugar n’ Spice)
- Cincinnati Museum Center. When it reopens this will be one of the premier attractions in the area.