Have a day to spend in Dayton? Want something to do, and You’ve already done The National Museum of The United States Air Force. Here are a few day trips you can take.
History of Dayton
- Carillon Historical Park – Website – The historical Museum of Montgomery County. A great place to learn about what made Dayton a worldwide name. Well worth a visit.
- Woodland Cemetery – Website – Where all the most famous citizens of Dayton are laid to rest.
- Pine Club – Website – The best steakhouse in the area. Has an old school feel. Does not take reservations, and is cash only, but is worth it.
The Birthplace of Aviation (Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park)
- Wright-Dunbar Interpretive Center – Website – The starting point of the National Park. Tells the early life and times of the brothers and the area. Has a recreated Bike shop next door.
- Paul Laurence Dunbar House – Website – The house of famous poet and friend to the Wright Brothers.
- Huffman Prairie Flying Field Interpretive Center – Website – teaches about the field in which the Wright Brothers perfected flight.
- Huffman Prairie Flying Field – Located on an Air Force Base and can be closed at times – The field where the Brothers made flight a reality and the oldest flying field in the world.
- Wegerzyn Gardens Metro Park – Website – a neat garden with many things to do and see
- Triangle Park – Website – Site of the First ever NFL game.
- Taqueria Mixteca – Website – A very authentic Mexican Joint
- Fifth Third Field – Website – Home to the Dayton Dragons. The only field that has sold out ever game it ever has had (over 1400).
- Dayton Art Institute – Website – celebrating the visual arts in Dayton for over 100 years. A great place to take kids
- Dayton Metro Library – Main Branch – Website – A really big building dedicated to educating the community. Has great art, books on art, and a little bit more inside and all around.
- The Benjamin and Marian Schuster Center – Website – Dayton’s largest theater in the preforming arts district. Almost always something to see.
This is only a small idea of things to do in Dayton. As with most all in Ohio there is way more to do than can probably be done in a week.