This is the time of year that the stores are filled with simple stocking stuffers and easy to grab gifts for friends and family. For loved ones near-by this is fine. For friends or family that have moved out of Ohio, or who live in another state and wonder what’s so great about the great state of Ohio, a little more is needed. Here are a few suggestions (not a complete list add your own in comments below) for perfect way to wrap up Ohio.
We have organized our ideas into regional baskets. Pick and choose or add your own. These are just suggestions. If you have any more suggestions you can add them in the comments below.
- Shearers -Snack food from Massillion
- Harry London – Chocolates from Canton
- Bertman’s Original Ballpark Mustard – The condiments of the Cleveland Indians
- Rising Star Coffee – local roaster and shop
- Ballreich’s – Potato Chips from Tifftin
- Tony Packo’s – Made famous on a 70’s tv show, the Iconic hot dog restaurant sells mustards and relishes and more that ship nicely
- Tiedtkes Coffee – Toledo Coffee company
- Toledo Art Museum’s Annual Glass Ornament – This year’s ornament is by Dayton native Bandhu Dunham
- Cincinnati Style Chili – A little bit thinner than the “other” styles of chili, this classic is known for its ability to turn spaghetti into a regional favorite. Everyone has their favorite place, and all are good.
- Grippos – if they want barbecue chips they probably crave these.
Mike-Sells – if they are from a little closer to Dayton these are the choice
- Ester Price – Chocolates from Dayton
- Boston Stoker Coffee – Don’t let the name fool you, it’s locally roasted coffee.
- Schmidts Sausage Haus – The best sausages in Ohio.
- Anthony-Thomas – Chocolates from Columbus
- Short North Items – For something unique try one of the many shops of the Short North District of Columbus.
- Stauf’s Coffee Roasters – local Coffee shop
- Food – A simple search will find many different food items that can be shipped, from noodles (Mrs. Millers Homemade Noodles) to Cheese (Guggisberg Cheeses) to anything else Amish (Troyer’s County Market)
- Baskets – Longaberger Company is probably one of the largest basket companies in the world, it is defiantly created the largest basket in the world.
- Odds and Ends- The Amish are known for quilts, simple life, and good community. They have so many local produced items in Ohio’s Amish country that it would be hard to list them all.